In USA in 2000, 97 million people are cohabitants, they live together without marriage. In China, I guess this figure was very small years ago, but is it going to rise in the near future? I did a survey these days to find this out.
I asked them whether they agree with cohabiting, and why should people cohabit. I provided eight common reasons for the second question:
- People are in love, and what to spend more time together. But they are under the legal marriage age.
- People want to check whether they are compatible with each other.
- People are engaged, but not married.
- People are saving money for their marry banquet.
- People can stay together without pay two rents.
- People don't want to marry, or are unable to marry because of the pressure from the society.
- People know his/her lover now is not compatible for life-time partner, but they are in love at this time.
- People may lose a considerable amount of money (eg. heritage) if they get married.
I got 29 valid replies in my threads, here's the counts: